Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Sorry this is a day late, guys... life got in the way.

Yesterday I wanted to make some cookies to take to our community group dinner.

I remembered back to these cookies.

Yes. These were the ones I'd decided on. Straight from the KitchenAid cookbook that comes with the mixer. They were divine last time I made them. Why not attempt again, and cheat a little on my recipe for this week?

Ingredients:
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
3 Cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 bag)



Cream sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs together.



Slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt, slowly over 2 minutes.

Resist the urge to bail on the cookies and eat all of this dough.

Add in the chocolate chips with mixer on "stir" for 15 seconds.

Dollop rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Out pop cookies!


So, I'm not sure what happened to mine. They turned out verrry crispy. I think problem #1 was that I made them too large. #2, because they were so large, I kept taking them out of the oven, deciding they were still raw, and putting them back in. I read that maybe I stirred the dough too much? I dunno. I was SO disappointed in these cookies. I nearly didn't take them, but I figured I had to have something to show for being 25 minutes late to dinner. (flour fiasco..don't ask) I just remember them being fluffy mounds of chocolatey Heaven last time. 


I did reheat one tonight and it was pretty decent. A little chewy, but decent. :) Any suggestions?
Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...