Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday *Bonus Recipe*

Ok, I felt bad that I gave you a recipe that a) I've already done on the blog and b) flopped miserably this time around. So, I've decided to include today's crock pot meal for your culinary fancy.

I made beef stew today! Very simple.
Gather up a few of your favorite veggies.. carrots and potatoes for us. I put in some LARGE leek slices for Hector and so I could pick around them.

I cut up my own beef roast, it was manager's special at Kroger. You need about 2 pounds. 

Toss it with salt, pepper and flour. Then brown it in a pan with vegetable oil.

Just brown it! Don't cook it! :)

While meat was browning, I put 2 cups of beef stock, 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup of red wine (we had open and on hand) into the crock pot.. Oh, and this handy beef stew seasoning mix. ;)
I put it on high, since it was already 1 pm when I was putting this together.

Chop up the veggies. I had too much potato... I get it.
.
.
5 hours later:

Yummy beef stew!

It was so tasty! I feel like it was too easy? Did I leave something out? We just ate it with rolls. Coco even loved it. 

What do you put in your beef stew?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...