Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday *Bonus Recipe*

I'm gonna be generous today and share this little gem with you. I was looking for an appetizer recipe that incorporated two of my faves: chicken and bacon. Pinterest saved the day and hooked me up with Diary of a Recipe Addict.

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken


Ingredients: 
chicken breast, cut into tender-sized pieces or two-bite pieces (like mine)
bacon, lots of bacon (I ran out and had to really cheat a few of the chicken pieces)
salt & pepper
chili powder
garlic powder
light brown sugar


Cut up your chicken breasts.

Sprinkle with all spices.. generously.

Wrap in half a strip of bacon (or thirds of bacon, in some of our poor chick pieces towards the end) and roll in light brown sugar.

 Place in oven safe dish, coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400* for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is done and bacon is crispy. We let ours go for nearly 45 minutes. I do have one tip: take them out 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through and pour out the grease. I felt this grease was keeping the bacon from crisping up. Problem solved. 


And Voila! 


These were enjoyed by my community group ladies tonight. (And I left some for the guys, who hung out at our apartment.) I think... they liked them. :) Who wouldn't? I hope you enjoy them too! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...