Friday, April 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My mom came over on Thursday, because she missed her grandbaby. Thursday was also the night of the movie screening and my brother and his girlfriend were going to babysit. So, I decided to make some dinner and dessert for them. I made a pizza twist (Mom helped with 99% of it!), that was AMAZING, but I managed to get no pictures of it.

Mom had brought me 2 new cookbooks and one was a KitchenAid baking cookbook. (!!!) I found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that looked amazing.

1 C granulated sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 C all-purpose flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.

Turn to Stir Speed. Gradually add baking soda, salt and flour to sugar mixture and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 15 seconds.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375*F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks. Yield: 54 cookies.
[recipe from KitchenAid: A Guide to Great Baking]

I made my cookies a little bigger than a teaspoonful, I guess, because I only came out with about 38 cookies. So what. :) I also used a baking stone and of course, the cookies didn't stick one bit. Also, 12 minutes was spot on in my oven. Enjoy!





And... yummmm!

As soon as took a bite of these, I told Hector, "I'm so going to be that Mom... the one who takes baked goods up to my kid's school every time there's a party or a bake sale." And I want to be! 

I don't want to ever make cookies from refrigerated dough again, these cookies turned out so much better. And it wasn't hard either. 

I will not lie. I just warmed up a cookie and put a dollop of my homemade whipped cream on top of it and ate it with a tall glass of cold milk. Ohh.emm.gee. So delicious. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...