Thursday, March 31, 2011

We love because He first loved us.


1 John 4:19- We love because He first loved us.


We had the great privilege tonight of going to a private screening of Watermark Films' first movie, Seasons of Gray.

My husband, Hector, was the Key set PA for this film. He worked long and hard on it last summer. It was 6, rigorous weeks of filming all day and some nights. He was the man on set.

We got all fancied up and went to the Magnolia Theater in Dallas. We got a sitter for our baby boy. (Thanks Uncle Josh!)

I was able to go on set a few times last summer... you know, to see how it's all done. It was so neat to see the scenes I watched as they were filmed actually turned into a movie. I met a lot of the crew and cast during those few on set occasions and tonight we got to reunite with them. It was mainly Hector hugging and high-fiving everyone there, but I got to say "hi" and give baby updates to several people who remembered me, or people who spoke to me because they know I'm Hector's wife and they regard him so highly. :)

I have never been as proud as I was tonight, when I saw Hector's name scroll up the screen during credits. Tears sprang to my eyes and I clasped his hand. You have no idea how dedicated to this movie he was. It consumed him last summer. And now I see why. It was quite the production.

Want to see something cool? Click here. And tell me what the first thing you see is. :) You will not be sorry. And hopefully, if you know Hector, you too can feel a small sense of the pride I felt tonight.

I really harp on Hector in this post, but really.. To God be the Glory! We saw numerous times last summer when this movie only moved forward due to the hand of God. Seeing that it is actually a movie now, is nothing short of... how did Paul Stehlik, Jr. (director) put it? Ahh yes, a miracle. I am so thankful for the faith of those involved in this movie. Without it, there probably wouldn't be a movie! 


I can't wait to see the movie again, partly because after the screening, Paul came up and said to Hector, "Did ya see your head??" YUP, that's right. Hector made it into the movie! Apparently in one of the office scenes, Hector's head is visible in a cubicle.  


My cup runneth over. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...