Monday, November 28, 2011

Hosting Thanksgiving

This year, we got the special opportunity to host Thanksgiving Dinner for my Mom and Dad and brother. We were just thrilled! I started planning for decorations and menu about a month ago.

I'm very in to free printables from the internet. It is thanks to free printables that I was able to do a lot of my Thanksgiving decor! I'll start with pictures.

 The Table

My handmade "Give Thanks" banner!
Letters: Font from dafont, printed via Microsoft Word
Paper: Hobby Lobby
Twine: Hobby Lobby

Plates and Napkins: Hobby Lobby
Printable Napkin Rings: Paper&Cake

Printable Napkin Rings: Paper&Cake
*can also be used to wrap water bottles or candles*

Simple centerpiece.
Beaded charger/mat: Target
Candlesticks: Hobby Lobby (already had)
Mercury glass piece: our treetopper from Hobby Lobby
Pumpkin salt and pepper shakers: gift
candles are simply covered with scrapbooking paper and embellished with twine

Printable Napkin Rings: Paper&Cake, just another version 


Place card/food labels: Paper&Cake
Potato and Sweet Potato Gratin: recipe here, found on pinterest

Green Bean Casserole: recipe here, found on pinterest

Mashed Potatoes: made by my Momma, recipe: secret
*why two potato dishes? Mom pointed out that I had wanted traditional mashed potatoes with turkey gravy when I first talked about hosting, then I went and made a menu including only the gratin potatoes. She fixed my dilemma!*

Thankful Subway Art Poster: I can no longer find this! So sorry!
Frame: Hobby Lobby


Roasted Turkey Roulade: recipe here, from the Barefoot Contessa


My handsome Hubby carving the turkey!



So, dinner was a smashing success! The turkey was beautiful and delicious, and all the sides were to die for!

After dinner we had to lay back and play games for a while before setting up the dessert table. We were TOO full! 

Pecan Pie: made by my Momma, recipe: secret

Pumpkin Parfaits: recipe here, found on pinterest

Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows: Central Market
Brownie Bites: Ghirardelli 
Food flags: handmade by me from scrapbook paper and toothpicks



Cohen with his uncle Josh, watching the game :)
Remember this?
From March 5, 2011, Cohen was about 7 weeks old. LOVE this picture!

The handsome big brother and me. Here we are, 27 and 25 years old!

I didn't get any other pictures. :( I was busy running around the kitchen and taking pictures of tables and food! ;) I hope you enjoyed, and I hope all of your Thanksgiving celebrations were memorable ones! Please feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Em ... please invite the Hubbards next year and we promise to make the drive. There are a bunch of us, so 2 potato dishes will be necessary again.

    If I hosted Tgiving we'd have pizza out of the box. Thankfully, there are talented people like you going the extra mile to make memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did an amazing job! Everything looked so professional! And delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...