Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crock Pot Tuesdays

I have been working on a lot of Tuesdays lately and we also threw a trip to Paris in there, but I do have a new Crock Pot Tuesday dish for you!

From Pinterest, I found Hawaiian Chicken! It was a recipe from a website called $5 Dinners.

All you need is:
chicken breast pieces
a can of sliced pineapples in juice (not water)
cinnamon
crushed red pepper
salt and pepper

I used frozen chicken breasts.  

Put chicken in the bottom. Layer with pineapple slices, pour in 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. 

Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.

Set your crock pot on low for 8 hours (high for 4-6). 

I made (again) brown rice to serve with the chicken. I also made some caramelized carrots.

Sliced carrots sauteed in sugar and butter. YUM.

There you have it!

If I do this meal over again, I'd add some soy sauce to the mix. Soy sauce and pineapples are a match made in heaven. My chicken got a little tough (gasp!). I know that's slow cooker blasphemy. I'm not sure if I left it in for too long or if I needed more liquid. (enter soy sauce) But it tasted great! And it was dirt cheap to make! I already had the chicken, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, rice, carrots, butter, sugar.. All I had to buy was the pineapple. [79 cents] :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...