Monday, December 6, 2010

Personalized baby gifts--Check these women out!

A few of the sweetest baby gifts we've received have been hand-made from some sweet women I'd like to tell you about.

First, a few weeks ago, my friend from nursing school (who will actually be joining me in the NNICU in January!!) Marla, asked me for my address, to send a little something for Cohen. Then a few days later, I saw a wonderful post on her blog. Marla, her sister and her mother had started a business! Anything Baby Boutique--fabulous, hand-crafted, personalized baby items! I thought, "I hope, I hope, I hope she's sending me something she made!"

Here is a link directly to their Etsy store. Check them out and order away!

This is what arrived in the mail for Mr. Cohen:
What a sweet trio! Bib, onesie and burp cloth!
It screams all business, but paired with a sweet baby boy--playful!!
Completely washable, since we all know what these are for!

Thank you so much, Marla! I can't wait to see how your new business thrives!


Then, a few weeks later, I was the happy recipient of yet another sweetly hand made baby gift.

It's a little harder to tell how I'm connected with this fabulous woman, but I'll try. :) As you all know, Hector and I go to Watermark Community Church. We are in a Foundation Group there, for newly married couples. One of the couples in our group is Patrick and Jackie Ray. Patrick has a sister, Chelsea, who is a stay-at-home mom on an air-force base. She's full-time Mommy to her sweet baby boy and somehow found time to start her own home-based business of personalized baby things, too! itty bitty crafts was born! So, my girls in my Foundation Group threw me a baby shower last week and sweet Jackie gave me a gift that included several items from itty bitty crafts. Feast your eyes:

A beautiful, personalized minky blanket, two pairs of shoes and two minky burp cloths!!
How cute are these?? He'll be too cute in these shoes.
So soft for him to rest his sweet face on! Love these burp cloths!
And last, but not least, a nursing cover! It even has the bendy part at the top so you can peek at your tiny one while they're feeding!

So, these are the amazing gifts from Chelsea at itty bitty crafts. She makes many more items (soft alphabet books, diaper bags, breast pads, cloth diaper covers and more!) so seriously, check out her facebook business page!

These women are amazing to me! Marla who has two sweet girls under the age of 4, and Chelsea who has a baby boy under age 1! And they have time to sew, not only for pleasure, but to complete customer orders! I'm thrilled to be the new owner of and to be able to showcase just a few of their precious custom items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...