Monday, June 21, 2010

Goodbye again...

It's 6 a.m., Monday morning... I just sent Hector off on his first filming journey with Watermark Films. He'll be gone until Friday afternoon... :( So, yes, I am flying solo again this week. BUT, the rest of the filming is here in Dallas, after this week. They have all been working so hard for this film, Seasons of Gray, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Hector is the Key Set PA, and I can't really tell you what all that entails, he'd LOVE to tell you, though... It's what he talks about most.

Loading up the car...

A last picture... (5:30 a.m., mind you..)

And there he goes! I'll miss you, honey!

On a happier note, we had dinner with our sweet friends, Natalie and Ry Buxton last night! Natalie is the most amazing cook I've ever known, next to my Mom. She made roasted chicken with veggies, homemade rolls and salad!


And I brought dessert! You see, Natalie recently got a big promotion at her job...like this week! So we just had to celebrate! I gifted her with some Italian Prosecco, which I abstained from ;) and this cake that I made:


Then we played Taboo! Natty and Ry won by about..... 300 points ;)

Ry and Natalie Buxton :)

They gave us our very first baby gift.. just something to make us really excited! It's completely gender neutral! In about 8 weeks we can start buying pink! :) Ok, Ok, Hector... maybe we'll be getting blue!

Wash cloths and pacifiers!

A recent photo of us!

OH YEA, and we had a doctor's appointment last Thursday. Everything seems to be going smoothly! I found out my blood type is A-, Mom says I can thank my Dad for that.. ;) This just means I'll have to get the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks and right after delivery. I believe it has something to do with the fact that my blood is Rh- and the baby's blood will most likely be Rh+ and in the unlikely event that the baby's blood leaked into my blood stream, my antibodies would react negatively to the Rh+ factor. SO, getting Rhogam is the safe thing to do. What's one more shot.. right? Our doctor tried earnestly to hear the heartbeat on her Doppler, but our little one must be burrowed near my back! We couldn't hear anything. She assured us that since we weren't 10 weeks yet, it was a 50/50 chance that we would hear the heartbeat. She said my uterus has, in deed, grown to the size of a 10-12 week uterus. We go back for our next check up and first trimester screening on Monday, July 12th. I'll be 13 weeks, 3 days. Today, I am 10 weeks, 3 days. I still get a little nauseous feeling, occasionally.. but have never yet to get sick. (If you know what I mean, I'll spare you the details.)

2 comments:

  1. 1. Your hair is super cute. 2. Congrats on being a mommy-to-be! Can't wait to follow the developments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad y'all started this! sorry you're alone this week. also, sooooo happy that the ole montero is being used! :) love yall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...