Thursday, June 3, 2010

And................ It's a BABY!!!!!

Hector and I went for our very first sonogram this morning! I was really, truly excited about this because, I really haven't been feeling all that pregnant.. I needed some reassurance that I am, in fact, carrying a life inside of me. We got that today. :) I wanted to cry. Of course, he/she doesn't look a whole lot like a baby yet, but... soon.
Here's Baby Miranda

His or her heart was beating at a rapid 153 beats per minute-we actually saw the heart flickering on the screen. And yes, there is only one baby. The white blob at the bottom left is the yolk sac (which supplies the baby nutrients while the placenta is developing). We are 7 weeks, 6 days here and the baby measures 1.2 cm!!

So, for now, we are content. I can't stop smiling, actually. :) :) There really is a baby growing inside me! This is the greatest feeling in the world!

2 comments:

  1. YAAY! :) I can't wait to meet Baby Miranda. :) It's the craziest feeling when you first find out. It's unreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations Emily!! I am SO SO SO SO So happy for you guys!!!! I'l definitely be adding your blog to my blog list so I can keep up with all of the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...