Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baby #2 is a...


That's right! Baby #2 is a bouncing baby boy! I was pretttty surprised when the sono tech suddenly said, "And, I think you've seen one of these before..." Me: "Are you sure??" Yea, she was. And the doctor confirmed it afterward when she came in to look at the sono. 


During the scan. There's no way to get comfortable there. 


Pretty sure she was saying, "It's a boy!" there. 


Waiting for the doctor to come in and confirm some things.


The proud big brother! We got him saying, "Baby brother!"



Can't argue with facts!


"Hi Mama and Daddy!!" He's looking at us and waving here!



What I like to call 'thumb-sucking'. Cohen did this, too! I swear that thumb is in there, but she said he's most likely just feeling of his face. (these are 3 of TWELVE sono pics this tech gave us.. have you ever been given so many?? she was very generous!)


We went straight to Janie & Jack's to buy a little announcement outfit. I thought this did the trick beautifully! Big brother Cohen got an 'on-sale' outfit too. NOT matchy matchy. 


And there I am! PS, the outfit is 6-12 month size, since it's for next summer. We didn't find any cute colder weather outfits out right now. (Remember, we have a November baby on our hands!)

So the heart rate was good - 144 beats per minute. Baby boy was moving all over the place. He weighed 10 oz! Yea... my baby app on my phone says they should weigh about 6-7 oz right now. Another big guy, I suppose! He measured at 19 weeks and 1 day. (I'm 19 weeks tomorrow!)

One prayer request we'd ask... When the doctor came to do the follow-up exam (I guess this is normal??) after the tech, she spent a lot of time looking at the heart. There were four chambers, and she saw blood pumping everywhere it should be. But she noticed that the heart seemed to be slightly more midline, than to the left side of the chest. She said based on all the other images, everything looks fine in there. But that she's curious about the shift. She assured me that the diaphragm looked great, because I immediately thought (and asked her about) "diaphragmatic hernia??" which is where some of the abdominal contents can herniate into the chest cavity, through a hole in the diaphragm. She said it could very well have been the way the baby was laying, or that he kept pushing his chin down into his chest. Regardless, it strikes a chord of fear in this mama's heart. We'll follow up with another sono on July 8th. Please be praying for healing (if need be) or that it was just positional. The Lord has perfectly made all of his children in the way that He wants them, so I have faith He knows exactly what he's doing. 

Very excited over here, trying to get used to the idea that I'm completely outnumbered now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...