Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meeting Baby Alysse

My cousin Jordan and her husband Roland welcomed their sweet baby girl into the world last Monday, March 7th. Alysse Elizabeth Rios came one day early (same as Cohen!). She was a precious 5 pounds 10 ounces!

We went to the hospital to see them the day she was born. Pardon these first pics, they were taken on my iPhone...
Sweet Alysse
Love those fists!
Reminds me of my babies at work! (her size..)
Cohen and his LITTLE Cousin Alysse
She is less than half his weight in this picture!

My Mom came over on the Thursday after she was born to meet her, so we went over to their house. I had my camera, so these pictures are a little better.
Mom with Great Niece Alysse :)
Mom thought she was kinda weightless after holding Cohen.
She can hold her own paci!!
Cohen even got to hold Alysse! Sweet babies with their pacis. They kept looking at us like.."Whaaaat???"
And then Cohen fell asleep :)

And since Coco fell asleep, we packed up and left. We are so happy for Jordan and Roland. Both Mom and Dad are doing just fine...just a little tired. I totally feel their pain! Ehh.. Pain is the wrong word.. Though, when you're experiencing it, it feels a lot like pain. You are so tired, it hurts to peel yourself off the mattress, hurts to put together a meaningful sentence and it seems like too much effort to make a sandwich. But now, looking back, I see what precious times those were. Staying awake with your sweet little newborn, watching their many changing faces, letting their tiny hands clutch your fingers and seeing them stretch their arms up high over their heads as they yawn so big it shakes their whole being. It really is a wonderful time. 

If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
Vincent van Gogh

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...