Friday, August 20, 2010

Sopapilla Cheesecake

We had a going-away party for a girl at work the other night and someone brought this little piece of Heaven as a dessert. I knew I needed an excuse to make it ASAP, so when Jackie offered up their home for BBQ this past Wednesday, I jumped and said, "We'll do dessert!" Yes! I'd found my excuse!

It's so simple and so decadent.. and so bad for you, I'm sure. But, the baby in my tummy tells me I can indulge, every now and then... :)

2 cans of crescent rolls
3 pkgs of cream cheese
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 C melted butter
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Begin:
Blend softened cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar and vanilla extract until well mixed, like this:

Resist the urge to eat this by the spoonful...

Press one can of crescent rolls into a 13x9 inch baking dish.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough.

Roll out second crescent roll can and cover the cream cheese mixture with it.
Next, melt the butter and drizzle it over the top.

Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the entire dish, liberally.
Place in oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes and until dough is slightly browned and puffy.
Allow to cool and cut into squares.

We were in such a rush to get over to the Ray's with this that we didn't even take a picture after it came out of the oven... Very sad. Dinner at the Ray's was amazing! They had picked up Dickey's Bar-B-Que and Jackie made a whole bunch of sides! Broccoli, baked potato packets(?) and a bean and biscuit casserole!

                            
Miss Maggie with her new Puma's :) (still too big, obviously)

David, Preston and Tyler

Going to town with her toy.. There! Behind me! Brittany's eating the sopapilla cheesecake! It really turned out nice!

Ranger! This was the only time all night that he was still...

It was a great evening. However, after tasting the dessert, I have a couple suggestions for next time. First.. only 2 packages of cream cheese. It was so thick and dense in the middle, I just think a little less cream would make it perfect (not to mention, less sinful!) Second.. Maybe only 1/3 cup of melted butter.. 1/2 cup just pooled on the top. That's it, though. Then it'd be perfect.

Well, Hector and I Hector is loading up the car as I type. We're going to Paris for the weekend, as this weekend marks my 24th birthday. :) I'm so excited! We've gotta get on the road, goodbye for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. And it was so delicious!!!! We enjoyed having everyone over. Hope you have a happy birthday and a great time in Paris! See yall next week! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...