Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home again...

I came home today from Waco, TX, where I was with Hector for a few days while filming at a prison for Seasons of Gray. It was a lot of fun being on set with him. I have learned one thing: Those people love Hector. I kept hearing the most wonderful things about him. "What a great young man your husband is," "Hector sure does have a great attitude and keeps the mood light on set," "Hector has a wonderful personality and a loving heart." I am so proud. :)

Hector is still in Waco until Friday. Filming is long and hard.. seriously. I thought, yea, they just get the actors there, have them memorize their lines, turn on the camera and film. Just like that. Boy, was I wrong! We got there at 7:30 in the morning, filming didn't start until after 10. NO joke. I left at 12 pm and they still had not got the shot the director wanted... Yet, they'd been filming the same scene for nearly 2 hours. They have to set up props, sound equipment, sound barriers, lighting, electricity, get the actors through makeup and wardrobe, have stand-ins test for lighting, shadows, sound, etc... It's a huge, well... production..

So, needless to say, I have a much better understanding of the looonnng hours Hector has been putting into this movie. Do I like it? No. But I get it. :) And after this week? ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!  Hallelujah! Praise God!

Oh, and the cast and crew? They're great. I made some new friends there. I can't wait to see this movie, having been behind the scenes some, and knowing all the blood, sweat and tears that made this film.

I had to come back to work tonight and tomorrow night. Then this weekend, Hector and I have some serious packing to do for Tuesday. Hector packed up most of the kitchen before we left for Waco, he's such a sweetheart. And I bought big tubs to pack clothes in. I sort of just remembered today that I need to set up some electricity at the new place.. eeek.. So I called and cancelled ours today, and am in the process of finding something cheaper than Reliant for the new place. I'm using powertochoose.com to find our new company. You just plug in your zip code and it lists all the providers for the area and compares their best rates. Has anyone ever used it before? I wish Hector was here to help me decide.. sometimes I don't feel equipped to make decisions like this! :)

Well, I'll keep you posted on the packing.. Fun, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...