Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Easy soup? Yes, Please!!

I found this amazing recipe for Broccoli cheese soup in Taste of Home magazine.
Ingredients:
2 cans reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3 cups fat-free milk
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 can sliced new potatoes, drained
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
yes, I used two cans of potatoes... sue me.. and I used one large, rather than two small cans of soup
In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in broccoli and potatoes; heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Makes 8 healthy servings/6 good servings :) Please note, if your stove is too hot, and you stop stirring for even a second the milk will, I repeat, WILL scorch. How do I know? Batch #1 is how I know. :)
Serve with warm cornbread and you will impress your friends and win your man's heart...again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...