Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Charlie's Rustic Glam Bridal Shower

 A couple months ago, I had the huge honor of hosting (with my Mom) a bridal shower for our precious family friend, Charlie. When Charlie and her family moved to our church, she was probably in 3rd or 4th grade (???) and I was a sophomore or junior in high school..  Anyone remember?? ha.. That long ago. +10 years ago. I used to babysit her! Our families used to go on outings together (our parents still do..) and we still spend Christmas Eve with them every year. I love them so much.

Then Charlie grew up and met Colby, and fell in love with him. And he's just great for her. I don't think anyone could ever be opposed to their union. It's perfect. :)

So, knowing that their wedding was looming in May, I started thinking about her shower in like January, I swear. Love me a party. I decided "Rustic Glam", because I think it suits her very well.

Here were the invites:

I went with her color of mint green, and I threw in gold. :) For the Glam factor. Her other color was peach. These were from Etsy, DesignsByDee.

"In lieu of a guestbook, please address an envelope to yourself!"
because busy brides need all the help they can get, in the midst of planning a wedding!

A beautiful "R" for the new last name!

Photos of Charlie and Colby in thrifted gold frames graced the tables, with gold painted Mason jars full of gorgeous spring flowers. And all my hand stamped gold and turquoise confetti hearts. :)

The sweets table! (It was cold and rainy outside..)

Saw this idea online, and knew I wanted it! So mom and I made it happen! It was so fun figuring out the icing. And they were yummy!!

Chocolate dipped pretzels!

Golden marshmallow pops! These were addicting. And that stand took one whole afternoon to craft. :)

Obsessed with paper straws! From Etsy, ThePartyFairy.

Ahh.. loved these.. Spinach dip cups with pita chips! Guests loved these!

And some delicious chicken salad croissants! (It was after lunch, so we didn't wanna fill the people with 2nd lunch!)

My new favorite thing.. rag garlands. So elegant and whimsical. I got all these fabrics/laces at JoAnn's. I had the burlaps already.


The Mother of the Bride (on the left) and other party-goers (church family) my grandmother Ivy :), Patty.

Opening tons of great gifts!

Same face, Charlie!

Charlie and Colby with all their loot! You could stock a home with all they got! So wonderful!

Me and my girl. Love her to pieces! So happy for her!

It was a fun shower! Thanks so much to my Mom for all you did, and also to Mrs. Mallory Holladay for helping some too! It takes a village. :)

A few pics from their big day, a couple weeks ago!!

It was kinda hot!

Granna and Cohen!

Neither boy wanted to sit for the duration of the ceremony...

Mom and the mother of the Bride :)

One of the only pics of Charlie from my big camera! Tossing that bouquet!
It was too hot and kids were too crazy to carry my camera around much. :( Oh well! Got an iPhone pic with the bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...