Monday, August 22, 2011

Adventures in baby food making: Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato! -and- A visit with great friends!

The whole time I was serving this one to Cohen, I kept thinking "Thanksgiving in a bowl" because it was that good. I mean, I could've eaten a bowl of this. Or turned it into a soup or something.. Mmmm.. it was de-lish.

So, I bought two organic sweet potatoes and one butternut squash.


I steamed the sweet potato in the microwave for about 25 minutes.

At the same time, I boiled the squash in a little water for about as long.

Pureed, and this came out the PERFECT consistency. :)

Funny face for the first bite...

More mama!! 

Blurry picture, but he's content. Promise.

So, this was a winner (in my book, anyways!). But he always gobbled it up when I warmed this for him.   If we weren't trying to sample lots of different/new foods for him, I'd make this one again, ASAP.

We finally got to get together with our friends, Natalie and Ry! It's been so long, I can't exactly remember when it was/how old Coco was. :(

BUT, it was a great time. Ry grilled burgers, we played with Cohen and Oliver (their amazing black cat) and got to catch up. And, there were armadillo eggs. You know, the grilled, bacon-wrapped jalapenos? The most genius appetizer in the world. And for dessert (and you know there was dessert, since Natty was cooking!) was S'mores Rice Crispy Treats. That's right, traditional rice crispy treats studded with chocolate and graham bits. 

In case you don't remember, Natalie and I met freshman year of college at TWU in Denton. We lived on a glorious floor in Guinn Hall, known as The Honor's Net Floor. Can I brag here? yes. It's where the smarty pants lived. We've had so many adventures... camping in real tents, traipsing around Spain, waiting in lines for Harry Potter premiers, dyeing our hair funky colors... And her awesome boyfriend (now husband) Ry was always around for the ride. We just love making memories with these two. 

Coco playing with Ry!

What a nice night. :) Thanks, guys! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...